ZUCCHINI NOODLE WALNUT PESTO
Ever since we got back from Greece Harlow hasn’t been loving pastas noodles…my worst nightmare haha. But she has grown to love zucchini noodles so whatever works. This is the spiralizer we use and we absolutely love how easy it is. We usually make a pot of pasta for those who eat it and it is fortified with a lot of healthy things so we do try to get her to eat it when when can. When we were in Greece it’s all she really ate so I think she was a little bit sick of it. I know it does look like she eats everything and I’ll admit she has a very mature palate but she has her days and moments and she isn’t a fan of left overs either haha. Little rascal. I hope you guys LOVE the simplicity of this and enjoy it for maybe some of your family gatherings. Feel free to serve it over pasta it is a lot better (IMO).
- 3 zucchinis
- Bell peppers of your choice
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- Handful of chopped kale or spinach (or both)
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp of water (use more if it needs help blending)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use two of the zucchinis to be spirallized in your spiralizer.
- Chop the rest of your veggies.
- In a large sauce pan cook all of the veggies with a little bit of olive oil. In a separate pan with a little bit of olive oil cook the zucchini noodles for about 6 minutes. You still want them to be crunchy but cooked.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Blend the walnuts, oil, water, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Keep adding water if you're having trouble mixing it.
- Add the cooked veggies to the noodles, then add the sauce and mix well. Add more salt and pepper as needed.