WHAT 10 MONTHS OFF INSTAGRAM FELT LIKE + WHY I DID IT
Today is a perfect day to go to the pumpkin patch with your kids and leave the phone in the car. Take them out for lunch, and never take that phone out of your bag. Book a trip and leave your phone off the entire time. You’ll understand what I mean by saying I didn’t miss social media at all when you do it and experience it yourself. I told my self one week and ended up taking 10 months off.
I never knew if I’d ever want to post again, or scroll again. The grass looked greener everywhere I looked, the leaves smelt richer than ever before. The fact we have to be challenged to be offline speaks volumes in itself. What is it that keeps us logging in for more? It never made me feel any better once I logged on, so why was I doing it? Fear of missing out? Perhaps. It was my source of income? Partly. Because everyone else was doing it? Surely.
3. Feelings of inadequacy. How could I possibly be a mother/wife, work, cook, clean, keep my house perfect, my dogs happy, have the best things and everything while still being human if I’m busy comparing my life to everyone else’s highlights?
4. Unrealistic expectations of my self / family. I began feeling like I was the only mom on earth who had a challenging baby. Or that I was the only one who ever had baby weight to lose, or who got stretch marks during pregnancy, or even actually gained any weight during pregnancy. It sounds outrageous but it’s completely true.
I love that we are all different. Some moms lose all the weight the minute they leave the hospital and they deserve all the love in the world but it’s also okay for all the moms who don’t to know that is normal too. Some parents/spouses make it a priority to have a delicious home cooked meal sitting on the table at the end of everyday, others prefer to order takeout, no one is better than the other. I think my hope is to normalize that not being societies “perfect” is okay.
There are so many reasons on why I would love to challenge you to do try unplugging for however long you feel compelled to. It doesn’t have to be for 10 months and I feel only you can determine what you need. Maybe social media doesn’t affect you the way it did me and if not, you’re lucky. But if there’s any chance it does I would love for you to just try it. Even just for a day. Delete all the apps. The time you will gain, the ability to live with intention and do more for yourself and those around you will honestly serve your soul.
Haha, I asked myself this same question which is why I came to you! I believe I have been granted some clarity. Here are some of my intentions with this blog/instagram:
3. Create an income for my family. As I’ve always disclosed I do make money from my blog and I’m grateful I am able to do so.
4. Educate about plant based foods in a non-judgemental, supportive way.
5. Provide a space for support and encouragement through community. We currently run two online support groups which have a non-judgemental, supportive tone established which is amazing. (1 vegan/plant based and one motherhood). If you’re interested in joining either please request to join. We are just switching the Motherhood one over so it would be a wonderful time to join.
6. Friends + Community. You people are amazing and a number of my real life friends have been relationships I’ve established online so I am grateful for that.
IF you’re still reading–thank you for being here.
Go out, live, love, eat good food without regret and hold those around you so close. Take beautiful photos, share beautiful photos, but also take time away, you’ll never regret it.
Let me know if any of this resonates with you in the comments below!
Biggest hugs, Eleni
Apk cheat slot says
Bisa jadi dari kamu yang bertamu di mari telah terdapat yang mengenali
mengenai aplikasi yang satu ini. Ataupun apalagi bisa jadi terdapat
yang telah sempat memakai aplikasi ini di dalam game Slot Online.
Aplikasi Slot Injector ialah suatu aplikasi yang di mengadakan buat menolong
para bettor memperoleh kemenangan di dalam game Slot Online.