PUMPKIN SPICED WAFFLES
If there is one thing to celebrate breakfast wise–it’s definitely a vegan pancake/waffle recipe that cooks all the way throughout the middle. I’ll follow recipes exactly and without fail the center is always runny and undercooked. I think I’ve finally found a combination that really works well. I would love to hear feedback and see how it worked for you guys but we tried these three times over and every single time it worked amazingly. Always share your recipes you make from us or you’d like us to make under the hashtag #thekindestplate. Looking forward to checking them out! Big hugs, E
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of almond milk*
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbsp of milled flax
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of pure pumpkin (we used canned 100% pumpkin)
- Mix all your dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add to a waffle maker and cook until instructed to**
- *I find the only way to get vegan pancakes/pumpkins to cook well in the middle is to make them a little bit runnier. You can adjust thickness depending on your preference but for us this works best.
- ** We like to cook extra and pop them in a freezer bag to have on hand, so we will cook an extra bunch really well so they do good in the freezer. Just pop in the toaster when you want to eat them.