CREAMY NO DAIRY PESTO PASTA
Pasta is obviously one of my favourite dishes. I love how many different ways it can be made but pesto is for sure one of our families favourites. We use pine nuts in this recipe but they are out of this world expensive so feel free to supplement for another nut. Cashew will make it a bit thicker so you might need to add a little more oil as needed to get that creamy texture. Play around with these ideas as they are so easily modifiable. I hope you love it and feel free to pin to Pinterest as well or re-pin mine and check out my food boards for more ideas.
I really hope you’re enjoying these food posts as I’ve been trying to listen to you guys and get them up way sooner it was just very hard with a new baby, a move, a husband working such long hours. I love feedback so let me know what you’re thinking, loving or wanting.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange or yellow pepper
- 1 pack of white mushrooms
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 pack of noodles of your choice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1 pack of basil or one full handful
- 2-3 pressed garlic cloves
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pot of water and add box of pasta, cook as directed on box.
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Turn pan on medium heat, add a little bit of olive oil, add veggies to pan.
- Cook veggies until moisture is all removed.
- While veggies are cooking, add the pine nuts, basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a processor or magic bullet. Blend until creamy.
- Add cooked pasta noodles to the veggies, then add pesto until all noodles and veggies are covered as desired.
- I like to cook my noodles right from the start so they are ready when everything else is.
- Make sure to also put the veggies on so they can cook while you are making the pesto. It will make this meal a lot faster to cook.