VEGAN APPLE CRUMBLE
Today is recipe number 4 out of the 30 days of plant based recipes and it happens to be one of my absolute favourite vegan treats. My girlfriend made this crumble for me one year and I have been hooked on it ever since. As you know, I’m not the most talented baker when it comes to creating things (though I am practicing!). So when I find something I can easily whip up to bring to someone’s house after dinner, or to make for my family without stress, I’m all about that. I need my kitchen time to be as easy and stress free as possible–it’s therapeutic to me. No matter how much you modify or switch up it’ll most likely work out because I suck at baking and always happen to get this one right. You can switch out the apples for any other type of fruit as well but apple crumbles happen to be my personal fave. Simple. Tried. Delicious! Hope you love it and I’ll see you tomorrow! Hugs, E
- 6 apples slices thinly, cores removed.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 3/4 cup of flour
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Slightly oil a 8x8 baking dish
- Lay down your sliced apples and sprinkle on a generous amount of cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, vegan butter and brown sugar.
- Add to the dish.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 40 minutes or until you see the top starting to bubble.
- Sometimes I will make double of the crumble top (flour, sugar and butter) to make a thicker more generous crumble.