CINNAMON GRANOLA RECIPE
This is by far the easiest and most delicious recipe! I love making homemade granola because then I know exactly what went into it. The key to this recipe is to make sure you don’t burn the oats, which is why I take it out and flip the mixture every five minutes. Feel free to add whatever you like to the mixture. I find that walnuts taste amazing and we also love sliced almonds because they hold flavour well. If you don’t like cinnamon you can leave it out, but even those who don’t love it adore this recipe. We like to add this to our smoothie bowls, eat with coconut yogurt or eat with milk and berries on its own, it’s seriously delicious. Like always, if you have any questions please leave a comment in the section below. Enjoy!
- 3 Cups of Oats
- 1 Cup of Agave or Honey if you aren't vegan
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tbsp of Flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oats, nuts, cinnamon & flaxseed) together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the agave/honey and coconut oil in the microwave.
- Add melted liquid to dry ingredients and mix until fully covered.
- Lay the mixture on a cookie sheet making sure it's relatively flat.
- Cook for five minutes and then take out and mix to ensure it isn't burning.
- Repeat this two more times, every five minutes. You will know when it is ready because it will start to look golden brown.
- Once taken out of the oven break up the granola with a spatula by mixing it around.
- Let sit and the mixture will start to harden.
- Place in a sealed container (the ones above are from ikea)
- Serve with coconut yogurt, or milk and berries!