SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST ENGLISH MUFFINS
For day 10 out of 30 days of plant based recipes these breakfast sandwiches because they are a go to in our house. I love how they have lots of veggie and protein and still taste amazing. The green peppers give it an amazing southwest taste so try to make sure you have at least one green pepper. Also, you can eat the scramble on it’s own with a piece of toast too. Hope you love it like we do. E xx
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 leaf of kale chopped
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 slices of non-dairy cheese
- 2-3 english muffins (depending how many people are eating)
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the chopped veggies and tofu until all the water is absorbed. (7-10 minutes)
- Add the non dairy slices of cheese to the top of the scramble, reduce heat and let simmer until cheese melts.
- Toast english muffins.
- Apply non dairy butter if desired.
- Add tofu and cheese to muffin, enjoy.
- We usually save the left over tofu for the next day.