BLACKBERRY GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
I love using up what I have in my fridge so food isn’t wasted and I created this because of what was left in my fridge. The balance between all the flavours was really nice and the maple in the dressing added a nice touch. I am not a salad kind of girl so I try creating ones that are a little heartier. I love using kale because I can keep the extra without it going soggy but feel free to use any lettuce alternative if you prefer. I hope you guys enjoy it.
- 1 bunch of kale washed and chopped
- 1 handful of sunflower seeds per salad
- 1 pink grapefruit, chopped
- 1 handful of blackberries
- 1 handful of micro greens of your choice
- 1/3 of a cup of quinoa cooked
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa while getting the veggies ready.
- Add chopped kale to a bowl or plate.
- Add the cooled cooked quinoa, micro greens, sunflower seeds, grapefruit and blackberries to the kale.
- Add dressing per desired taste