PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Day 28! I’ve tried a lot of recipes that are vegan and a lot of the time if you use an egg replacement you can use any recipe you already have and substitute almond milk or any plant milk for dairy and same with butter. All non-vegan items can be found in vegan form which is amazing. On my Vegan Board on Pinterest I share a lot of tips and substitutions that work really well when cooking and baking vegan. I found this recipe on Pinterest, from My California Roots, and wanted to share it with you guys because they tasted amazing. I did skip a couple of her steps and left out nutmeg so if you wanted her exact recipe you could look it up on her site.
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Write a review
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Instructions straight from My California Roots
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl (preferably that of a stand mixer) and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed until homogeneous and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the flax mixture and the vanilla extract. Beat another 2 minutes or so until everything is well mixed. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- While things are beating, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix only until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place a bit of sugar in a small bowl. Roll a tablespoon of dough between your palms to form a ball. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, then use a fork to flatten.
- Place the flattened cookies on a sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes until just starting to turn golden. Let sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
CONVEY THE MOMENT https://www.conveythemoment.com/
Leave a Reply