MADE WITH LOVE
Valentines Day has easily become a favourite holiday in our home and it’s pretty easy to see why. We love to take any chance we get to celebrate one another and how better than over a delicious homemade [vegan] brunch. Whether you’re planning on spending Valentines with a significant other or surrounded with friends and family, creating an inviting meal couldn’t show that you love them any more. Anthropologie always has the most darling kitchenware pieces that make any occasion beautiful.
(See end of post for heart shaped pancakes, vegan hot cocoa and a delicious strawberry banana smoothie recipe)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup of ice
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (cashew, almond, hemp, coconut)
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend until creamy. If you are having difficulty blending add a little more liquid.
- 3 cups of almond chocolate milk
- Dandies vegan marshmallows to garnish
- Warm up almond chocolate milk in a pot on the stove over medium heat
- Once warm, serve in mug and garnish with dandies vegan marshmallows
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- 1 cup of non-diary milk
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 chia "egg" (see notes)
- 1.5 tablespoons of Icing sugar (save 1 teaspoon for sifting on top)
- 1 banana
- Handful of strawberries
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Mix the pancake mix, icing sugar, coconut oil, chia "egg", non- diary milk together. Wisk until smooth.
- Lightly oil a griddle or frying pan and turn on to medium heat. With a ladle pour approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter of your choice, gently cut out heart shaped pancakes.
- Top with bananas, strawberries, sifted icing sugar and syrup.
- Chia "eggs": Take one tablespoon of chia seeds, add one tablespoon of hot water and mix and let sit until jelly like consistency is obtained.