HOMEMADE BARK THINS
After professing my love for Bark Thins on social media my girlfriend Claudia quickly sent me a text telling me how I should try making them at home. Ahhh brilliant girl. I’m not crazy about chocolate but I LOVE Bark Thins (specifically the pumpkin seed and sea salt combo). I honestly couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of this myself. Without even reading the label of ingredients I melted dark vegan chocolate, pumpkin seeds, sea salt and coconut oil together. I then froze it and broke it apart and it tasted almost the exact same. Feel free to be creative because how could chocolate possibly taste bad? Enjoy guys and big big hugs. Eleni xx
- 1 bag of vegan dark chocolate (or block whichever you prefer to use)
- 2 handfuls of seeds (pumpkin are our favourite)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dried fruit
- Coconut slivers
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- In a separate bowl add the chocolate
- Place the bowl on top of the boiling water to allow the chocolate to melt
- Once melted, remove from head and add all the other ingredients (or whichever you choose to add) to the chocolate and mix really well.
- Sprinkle a little additional sea salt on top if you wish.
- Line a dish with parchment paper and pour out the chocolate mixture allowing it to be about 1 inch thick.
- Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.
- Once removed from freezer, break into pieces. Store in a freezer safe container and store in freezer.