I created this casserole this morning based off of a non vegan version I used to love years ago. It turned out amazing and I think it would be a wonderful dish to serve at a brunch over the holidays. Nothing better than comfort food during the holidays. You can find our homemade vegan cream of mushroom soup here and it’s the same one we used for this dish. Hope you love it! Hugs, E.
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
Write a review
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 bag of shredded vegan cheese
- Vegan cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Lightly butter an 8 x 12 dish
- Cook your cream of mushroom soup as instructed (see link in post) or below.
- Slowly add your shredded potatoes to the soup mixture and cover entirely.
- Add mixture to the dish, pour shredded cheese over top.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1.5 cups of soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 of a yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the cashews over night or for at least 3 hours.
- Rinse them really well when ready to use.
- In a blender mix together the cup of water and the soaked cashews and blend until creamy.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, sauté the yellow and green onions. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms start to brown. Add the cashew cream, veggie broth salt and pepper and let cook on low until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper (I cover the top surface of the pan).
- Pour into a bowl, top with chopped green onions and serve when desired.
- Depending on how creamy your cashews turned out you may need to add a little more water or veggie broth. Make it as thick as you wish.
CONVEY THE MOMENT https://www.conveythemoment.com/
Leave a Reply