GREEK GREAN BEANS
This is a traditional dish I grew up making with my grandma. We would pick the green beans, tomatoes and dill from her garden and string them in her kitchen. I used to love cooking with my grandma. Her traditional Greek dishes have easily become some of my vegan favourites.
This dish is really easy to create and you can always add some white beans or chickpeas for added protein. This will make a lot so you can always have it in the fridge to grab when you don’t have anything to eat. Harlow absolutely LOVES this one so it’s nice to have a healthy option I can serve all week.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1 large can of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (roughly) of fresh green beans, stringed
- 1 large white potato, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add a splash of oil. Once warm add the onion and garlic.
- Let garlic and onion simmer for a minute.
- Then add the potatoes, green beans and cup of water. Let cook for a little bit, until green beans start to soften and water absorbs.
- Add the tomatoes (canned and fresh), dill, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and let cook until soft, mixing often.
CONVEY THE MOMENT https://www.conveythemoment.com/
Leave a Reply