THE POWER OF GIVING
Have you even done something for someone else without giving it much thought and realized how good it made you feel? The act of doing something without the expectation of anything else in return? I consider it the power of kindness, the gift of giving. Something as simple as holding the door open for the person behind you, the gratitude in their eyes is often enough to make you want to do it over and over again.
The reality of the world we live in, is there is always going to be someone out there who has it better than you. More money, a better job, cooler clothes, the nicer car and heaven forbid more Instagram followers. What if we let go of looking at all the people who are “better” than us and channelled that energy somewhere more productive, more positive. Let’s say perhaps to someone who might not have it as good as you.
While we live in a world where we are always, and I mean always, trying to get to the next place what if we took a second to live in this moment right now, the only moment that really matters. To be content and feel grateful for all that we do have. Clothes on our backs, food on our tables, roofs over our heads. When we are sick we seek care, care that we are so blessed have access to. We often forget that Countries just on the other side of our little world are being destructed by disease. I’m not writing this to make you feel bad, I’m writing this to hopefully surface gratitude. Tis’ the season, its Christmastime. If we acknowledge all that we do have, instead of wishing for more, we will feel happier. When you help and do for others in life it is certain you will ultimately do and feel better. If someone reaches to you for help, help them even if there is nothing in return for you. Even when they don’t reach to you, help them anyways.
This Christmas season while going about your normal Christmas rituals like exchanging gifts and feasting on huge meals can I challenge you to try and do for others? It doesn’t have to big and it doesn’t have to cost money just be and do for others. This is the greatest gift you will ever give. Merry Christmas my loves, I am so blessed to have you on this Journey with me. xo Eleni
10 SIMPLE Things To Do to Spread Christmas Love
1. Plan a date volunteering at your favourite organization.
2. Donate to your favourite charity.
3. Adopt a pet. No really, rescue a pet.
4. Smile at randoms everywhere you go.
5. Offer your seat on the train, no matter who they are.
6. Pay for the persons coffee in front of you in the Starbucks drive through.
7. Anonymously drop gifts off on a family’s doorstep, who perhaps needs a little hand.
8. Be a snow angel. (Shovel their driveway without them knowing who did it).
9. Forgive, even if an apology wasn’t offered.
10. Count your blessings and begin every day with a grateful heart.
Leave a Reply