CINNAMON VANILLA FRENCH TOAST
Thank you guys for being so patient with me and my awful photography! I’m working with a very old basic camera and just deciding what to get. Any suggestions? Specifically for food but also something I can use for our everyday life pics of Harlow as well? I LOVEEE having you guys here and love that you’re into these simple recipes. I’m super relaxed when it comes to cooking so always make sure to modify however you want–this is what makes cooking so much fun. I also am so grateful for you telling your friends and family about this blog and some plant based ideas for your family. If you aren’t with us on instagram yet make sure to come and give us a follow for some balanced inspo. Have a beautiful day and can’t wait to hear from you.
- Sliced whole grain bread (as many slices as you wish to cook)
- 1.5 cups of vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup of milled flax
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Fresh or frozen defrosted fruit
- Maple Syrup
- Confectioners sugar
- Warm pan up on medium heat with a small amount of oil.
- Mix all ingredients excluding the sliced bread into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until thick enough to coat sliced bread.
- Dip whole grain bread into the mixed batter.
- Place onto warmed pan and cook until crispy, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Top french toast with fresh or defrosted berries, maple syrup or confectioners sugar.
- If you have extra french toast leftover feel free to freeze. I usually put them in a freezer safe ziploc bag and then pull them out of the freezer and pop into the toaster and it works really well for a quick and easy breakfast.