GARLIC TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
GARLIC TOMATO SAUCE PASTA
Write a review
- 1 box of whole grain pasta
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pack of basil
- 1/4 of a jalapeño
- 1 pack of white mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- Handful of spinach
- Couple of sticks of asparagus
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot on medium heat, add the tomato sauce and tomato pate. Boil for 15 minutes***
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta noodles as recommend on the box.
- Wash and chop all veggies (including jalapeño).
- Chop and press the garlic and onion into their own bowl.
- In a medium sized frying pan on medium heat, add a tsp of olive oil and let warm. Add the garlic and onion until translucent.
- Then add veggies and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste to the veggies with the olive oil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add in chopped basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once simmering, pour over cook noodles and enjoy 🙂
- ***Boiling the tomato mixture will help reduce that bitter taste. If you don't have the extra time you can always add a bit of sugar to cut the bitter taste.
CONVEY THE MOMENT https://www.conveythemoment.com/