CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
It’s currently snowing outside and it looks so beautiful from where I sit. I’m getting excited for the cooler months because it means more comfort foods which are sort of my favourite. One soup I used to love was cream of mushroom and I just created this based on how I thought it would be good and it turned out amazing. Creamy, flavourful and everything you’d want in a mushroom soup–especially dairy free. Feel free to always modify my recipes because they aren’t super strict and you can add more or take away less or follow it exactly, we all have different preferences so work with what you love. Hope you enjoy this one. Hugs, e.
- 1.5 cups of soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 of a yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the cashews over night or for at least 3 hours.
- Rinse them really well when ready to use.
- In a blender mix together the cup of water and the soaked cashews and blend until creamy.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, sauté the yellow and green onions. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms start to brown. Add the cashew cream, veggie broth salt and pepper and let cook on low until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper (I cover the top surface of the pan).
- Pour into a bowl, top with chopped green onions and serve when desired.
- Depending on how creamy your cashews turned out you may need to add a little more water or veggie broth. Make it as thick as you wish.